Old July 5th 07, 08:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Oter Paul Oter is offline

Default Why do they keep closing Kings X in the rush hour?

On 5 Jul, 21:25, "Richard J." wrote:
The question posed by Maria was why do they *keep* closing King's Cross
in the rush hour, so I guess it wasn't just this evening that prompted
it. As you say, it's generally platform overcrowding that causes this,
and presumably therefore the Northern Ticket Hall won't make any
difference. Indeed it may make things worse by increasing the rate at
which passengers can reach the platforms.

Is it generally one specific line whose platforms fill up first (which
one?), or just whichever one happens to be the most disrupted that day?

KX was also closed this *morning* at about 0915 (both ticket halls).
Fortunately King's Cross Thameslink was still open and I was able to
catch a rather packed train to Farringdon.

In my experience it only takes a problem on one of the deep-level
lines to trigger the complete closure of the deep-level station.

PaulO