Old July 5th 07, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nicola Redwood Nicola Redwood is offline

Default Why do they keep closing Kings X in the rush hour?

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 19:43:41 +0100, "Marķa"
wrote:

Is it because the new building can't cope?

It's a disgrace, anyway.

It's very unlikely to have anything to do with the ticket hall area and
everything to do with platform capacity. There is no point jamming
platforms so full of people that is impossible for them to move or let
people alight from trains. It would be irresponsible to allow a build up
of huge numbers of people underground who would then become stuck
because a disrupted train service could not get them cleared away.

I am speculating as to when you were affected by a closure but I believe
there were problems on both the Picc and Vic lines this evening and they
would be under further strain due to the Central Line problems. If the
station is closed it will be for safety reasons.

I agree it is inconvenient - I would not agree that it is a disgrace.
--
Paul C

Kings Cross was certainly closed last night at about 7pm and last Friday as
I remember - not sure about tonight, but could be likely due to the
multitude of problems
It is frustrating, but is done for good reasons. I was nearly trampled at
Kings Cross a few years ago during some major overcrowding. I now change at
Euston and try and avoid Kings Cross during rush hour if I can