Old July 6th 07, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
solar penguin solar penguin is offline

Default Why do they keep closing Kings X in the rush hour?

On 6 Jul, 09:40, Boltar wrote:

I would. As other people have said , its usually down to the northern
line platforms being packed. The other 5 lines serving the area
normally run ok. All they need to stop is just prevent northern line
trains stopping at the station , make announcements to that effect and
leave the station open for everyone else.

If they prevent Northern Line trains stopping at the station, then the
people already on the crowded platforms won't be able to get on a
train, and the overcrowding will remain.

And even they did make announcements telling people not to go to the
Northern Line, the typical commuter would either not hear or not
obey. You'd need a physical barrier to stop people getting to the
platforms, while still allowing arriving passengers out. I don't
think there's room for building turnstiles in the narrow corridors
there.

But, hey, don't let boring old facts spoil the fun of your ridiculous
rant!

But obviously that would
require a bit of effort on the part of LU whereas closing the whole
station is so much easier as then the staff can just drink tea and
watch TV for 30 mins.