Old July 6th 07, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
congokid congokid is offline

Default Why do they keep closing Kings X in the rush hour?

In article .com, MIG
writes

Oxford Circus has been closing several times a day for years. If one
complains, one gets responses about "emergency procedures".

So it's a rather routine emergency, and clearly no one has any
intention of doing anything about it.

I was about to post this in response to an earlier post: When I last
travelled regularly on the Bakerloo line, in 1990-92, the entrances to
Oxford Circus station were closed almost on a daily basis starting at
least around 5.15pm to prevent platform congestion - I don't know which
line was most affected, though.
--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...