Old July 6th 07, 04:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Why do they keep closing Kings X in the rush hour?

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 01:40:48 -0700, Boltar wrote:

I agree it is inconvenient - I would not agree that it is a disgrace.

I would. As other people have said , its usually down to the northern
line platforms being packed. The other 5 lines serving the area
normally run ok. All they need to stop is just prevent northern line
trains stopping at the station , make announcements to that effect and
leave the station open for everyone else.

The problem is that most of the would-be Northern Line passengers
would decide to take alternative routes using the Vic and Picc lines.
Those lines/platforms probably already operate close to capacity
during the peaks and couldn't cope with such a large influx of
additional passengers.