Old July 6th 07, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
chunky munky chunky munky is offline

Default Curiosity about delays

On Jul 6, 6:06 pm, "Richard J." wrote:
Offramp wrote:
On Jul 5, 9:10 pm, "Nicola Redwood" nicolaexternal-
wrote:
Just wondering what the average length of delay is across the Tube
network. The Customer Charter allows anyone to claim refunds for a
delay of 15 minutes or more. I'm guessing therefore that the
overall average would be lower than this.

I believe some of the longest delays may be removed by recent
changes to the LUL Rule book.

Such as?

--
Richard J.

Dont know what they're talking about! Lots of rules have been taken
out or been made more ambiguous than they were before and often no
longer require the use of Station Staff - though in reality they are
still sent as they save time.

The 15 min charter still applies and delays will still last as long as
they did before, based upon the usual factors such as time, location,
number of trains in the area, knowledge and capability of staff
dealing with the situation and availabilty of Train Operators.