Old July 8th 07, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
martyn dawe martyn dawe is offline

Default Central Line Train Off The Road

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 20:19:17 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, Boltar wrote:

On 5 Jul, 14:09, "Recliner" wrote:

Am I right in thinking that 1992 stock has smaller wheels than other
Tube trains and is perhaps more likely to derail when it encounters
something on the track?

It does seem strange that a heavy train could become derailed by
something light enough to have become dislodged by vibration or air
movements and apparently flap around in the wind.

If this light flappy thing made its way onto the line, it's possible other
things did too. For instance, if there had been a pile of crowbars wrapped
in a tea-towel (or something more plausible to that effect), and that had
fallen onto the track.

tom

how does the underground get stock like this out of the way, I don't
think they have any shunters, do they have to bring a battery loco in
?