Old July 9th 07, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Default No More Cheques

On Jul 9, 1:17 pm, John B wrote:
On 9 Jul, 12:57, Kev wrote:

"London Underground said that fare dodgers will still be able to use
cheques to pay their fares, and fines, to ticket inspectors".
So only a fare dodger can pay by cheque. If I happen to lose my
ticket or I am mugged will I have to find some other means of payment
or would I become a fare dodger.

Does *anyone* still have a personal cheque guarantee card that isn't
also a debit card?

If not, then the difference that this makes to anyone is precisely 0
(since company cheques will still be accepted).

--
John Band
john at johnband dot orgwww.johnband.org

Well my cheque cards aren't debit cards and the company account
doesn't have either a cheque card or a debit card. So I will be
stuffed.
Since I use a credit card I don't see what advantage a debit card
gives, except that if I lose it I will have to cover the cost of the
misuse whereas if a cheque is misused then it is fraud pure and simple
and down to the bank.

Kevin