Old October 28th 03, 12:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth Peter Smyth is offline

Default level crosings on the LUL

"Mait001" wrote in message
I can't think of one nearer than Barnes, specifically where Vine Road
crosses the Hounslow loop west of Barnes station. That's 9.6 km (6 miles)
from Charing Cross.

But I have a feeling this is a trick question :-)
--
Richard J.

I don't think it is a trick question, Richard, but it is definitely nearer

than
Barnes. In fact, it's within the Zone 2 Travelcard area.

There is a level crossing just north of Acton Central on the NLL which is in
zone 2 although I am not sure if it is any closer than Barnes.

Peter Smyth