Old July 9th 07, 07:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
chunky munky chunky munky is offline

Default Too much information!

On Jul 9, 7:56 pm, Ernst S Blofeld
wrote:
alex_t wrote:
Today at Stratford station I heard an expanded version - "Ladies and
gentleman! There is a good service on the Central line from this
station. I repeat, there is a good service on the Central line".

I've always understood these to be in code. The statement "good service
on the X line" means that lines Y & Z are truly buggered but we're going
to ignore that and put emphasis on the positive aspects of the service.

On a good few occasions the "good service" announcement has flown in the
face of the self-evident delays or a broken down/out-of-service tube
being detrained at the platform.

ESB

When the Olympic Committee visited London, LUL had to keep everything
out as a Good service to make it look good! Even though on some lines
there were waits of 15-20 minutes,