Old July 9th 07, 07:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default No More Cheques

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 04:57:35 -0700, Kev wrote:

"London Underground said that fare dodgers will still be able to use
cheques to pay their fares, and fines, to ticket inspectors".
So only a fare dodger can pay by cheque. If I happen to lose my
ticket or I am mugged will I have to find some other means of payment
or would I become a fare dodger.

Not uncommon these days. I reckon it's time the banks took action to
abolish cheques completely. BACS and other electronic payment systems
are far superior.

Neil

--
Neil Williams