Old July 9th 07, 08:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] carolinejmolloy@googlemail.com is offline

Default victoria line shutting at 10 every school night til november

On 9 Jul, 20:35, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 08:32:43 -0700, "

To be completely honest I don't see that the FT report is particularly
correct. There are specified tests and criteria as to how the assessment
is made and trying to stop already agreed plans for closures will cost
Metronet even more money and thus increase the volume of the claim
against LU. While I don't like the line being closed earlier in the
evening I would much prefer that the line upgrade happens on time rather
than dragging on for year after year after year with the resultant
appalling performance that the Central Line suffered during its £750m LU
controlled upgrade. Do you really want to see the Victoria Line sink
through the floor in terms of service performance because there is only
so much time left for the trains, track and signalling / control
systems?

--

What i would really like to see is London Underground given the
political support from central government to hold Metronet properly to

I've used the Victoria line more or less daily since I was a teenager,
it used to be brilliant, and i must admit over the last year or two
i;ve been thinking 'if it ain't broke...

Admits to being a ****ed off newbie campaigner!