Old July 9th 07, 08:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default No More Cheques

Phil Richards wrote:

Completely agree, however there are many out there (especially the
older generation) who don't use telephone or internet banking.

That's the biggest problem. My parents are in their 80s and I still can't
even get them to use cashpoints. My father still insists on driving to the
bank every week and drawing money out over the counter, in spite of the fact
that he now has a PC and is (slowly) learning how to use it.

It drives me mad (and wastes my time!) when they insist on giving me cheques
in payment for things or as presents.