Old July 10th 07, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
michael adams michael adams is offline

Default Too much information!

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

You may consider these things to be a bug but I assume you have decent
vision and hearing. For those who do not or who may not be familiar with
the LU system then these messages are a source of important confirmatory
information and reassurance.

A high proportion of whom presumably will be visitors who don't even
speak English.

But no matter. So long as you shout at them loud enough in English they're
bound to understand. The Basil Fawlty approach.

Especialy all those non-English speaking foreign vistors who choose to
travel during the rush hour when the trains are packed out with commuters.

They mustn't be inconvenienced at any cost.

If you're bugged by the LU announcements then I can't imagine how you'll
react to the I-Bus system on the bus network.

Presumably that's another monopoly which will give the operators as much
scope to patronise their bread and butter as does the London Underground.

Because let's face it chum you'd need to be a simpleton to start with,
to willingly pay £20 a week for the privilidge of being treated like
one for two hours every day.

michael adams

Paul C