Old July 10th 07, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default No More Cheques

On Jul 10, 7:52 pm, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:58 +0100 (BST), (Colin

Rosenstiel) wrote:
Except that the traders want payment with order.

Unless you are writing your guarantee card number on a cheque yourself
(which you're not meant to do), they are no more getting that with a
posted cheque as they are with a BACS transfer. In both cases one
needs to verify if the funds have cleared by checking one's account,
unless one is being very trusting.

My concern (and I think the one possibly referred to) is that unless
you attach payment to a specific order, how do they know who is paying
and what for?

If I made an electronic transfer to pay for goods etc, I would be
concerned that if I got the reference wrong, the supplier wouldn't
know who had paid or what for.