Old July 10th 07, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Too much information!

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 20:40:14 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

These announcements
are not given lightly - they are part of ensuring the safety and
security of the system.

The problem with them is that, because there are too many of them,
they become background noise, and people do not pay attention to them.
IMO, the poster campaigns are far more effective at getting attention
regarding the matters concerned.

As for the "good service" business, I'd rather the term "normal
service" was used, but they don't do any harm, and advising passengers
on what's going on around the network probably is useful so long as it
isn't done too much. It's helped me before. That said, the most
useful manifestation of this information is the plasma screens at the
entrance to stations where one can see problems at a glance.

Neil

--
Neil Williams