Old October 28th 03, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Cox Robin Cox is offline

Default level crosings on the LUL

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

"Mait001" wrote in message
I can't think of one nearer than Barnes, specifically where Vine Road
crosses the Hounslow loop west of Barnes station. That's 9.6 km (6 miles)
from Charing Cross.

But I have a feeling this is a trick question :-)
--
Richard J.

I don't think it is a trick question, Richard, but it is definitely nearer

than
Barnes. In fact, it's within the Zone 2 Travelcard area.

There is a level crossing just north of Acton Central on the NLL which is in
zone 2 although I am not sure if it is any closer than Barnes.

There's another two just south of South Acton, one on the NLL, one on
the freight curve that connects the NLL to the Hounslow loop line.
For road users both these crossings are on Bollo Lane.

However, Barnes is closer to CX than Acton.

Robin