Old July 11th 07, 01:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default LU refused to sell me a ticket!

On Jul 11, 1:07 pm, wrote:
However in the end I had to give up and get off at Upminster otherwise
I'd miss my train. So am I missing something here? Why wouldn't they
sell me a point-to-point ticket? It couldn't be because of me trying
to cheat the system otherwise I'd get the £4 fine for not touching
out. They said they could sell me an extension from zone 6 only if I
had a travelcard but they could not sell a point to point ticket.
Does anyone know if the ticket selling facilities physcially can't be
set to sell this ticket or whether staff were just refusing to sell me
this ticket?

I think it's just a fact of life that LUL ticket offices are unable to
sell the full range of National Rail tickets. You should be
complaining to National Rail/ATOC/c2c for offering inadequate
ticketing facilities at West Ham.

Sadly, I think the c2c penalty fares scheme disallows treating it as
an unstaffed halt - even buying the wrong ticket (West Ham to
Westcliff) and getting a refund doesn't seem to be covered if you do
so from LUL. If there's a c2c ticket machine at West Ham, you could
maybe get a refund for the unused portion at a c2c ticket office.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/