Old July 12th 07, 03:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Tan Peter Tan is offline

Default Oyster and bus goes out of service

On 11 Jul, 04:13, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 20:04:18 GMT, "Graham J"
wrote:

I think that you should be allowed unlimited tram journeys within the
seventy minutes and not just two as it would solve the problem of trams
going out of service at a stroke.

Or how about just saying that if you touch in for a bus or tram
journey within 60 minutes (or whatever) of touching in for another bus
journey, the next one is free and the clock restarts. A discount on
the first bus journey if you touched out of a Tube journey a specified
time (15 minutes?) beforehand would also be good.

We should not penalise people because of slow services or because thye
have to change a lot. We also shouldn't penalise people for
multimodal journeys, as such things are an integral part of an
integrated public transport network.

Absolutely. As you said this is already in place in Singapore. I would
say to extend the discount time to 40 minutes to take into account
walking and waiting time.

Peter