Old July 12th 07, 10:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Too much information!

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Paul Corfield wrote:

I think people are forgetting that the security situation and assessment
of risk to the tube network means that certain things *have* to be said.
You only need to look at the impact of security alerts on the service
just because people have left bags, boxes and other items lying around.
The fact people leave them behind warrants a reminder!

If *and only if* those announcements are actually effective. The whole
point of the whinge is that because people hear them every five minutes
every day, they tune them out, and they have no effect. If this is true,
the announcements are a Bad Thing; if not, they're a Good Thing. Until
someone points us to a study which actually determines this, we're all
****ing in the wind.

I'm sure I will now get lambasted for "defending" what everyone seems to
hate.

Yep!

tom

--