Old July 12th 07, 10:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default When do NR tickets include tube travel?

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, asdf wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:51:01 +0100, Tom Anderson wrote:

I'll leave it to someone else to try doing a break of journey in
Reading with that ticket!

Sounds like a challenge. Any Barriers at Reading?

Yes. Thousands of 'em.

CORE [1] also thinks this (Paddington to Reading via Slough, Reading to
Clapham Junction via Staines) is the shortest route, and puts it at 75:27
miles.

Presumably only if you tell it not to count walks or cross-London
transfers as part of the shortest route.

Correct, sorry, i should have mentioned that.

Besides, even then, it's not the shortest route from London Terminals to
Clapham Junction (which is what's actually printed on the ticket).

Also true. Acton Main Line to Clapham Junction then!

However, as U pointed out (in a post which i have now deleted, which is
why i'm not replying to it), NR apparently allow tube transfers as part of
a route, with length zero, so the London box should have been ticked, and
even from Acton Main Line, you take the tube. I guess they just think of
all London Terminals as being one big station! I get the impression it
doesn't explicitly lay this out in the guide, though, which is
interesting. Or does the existence of the London routeing point imply it?

tom

--
Come on thunder; come on thunder.