Old July 12th 07, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jim Brittin Jim Brittin is offline

Default YouTube shows Tube driver journey

From the BBC News website

Tube drivers caught video-recording their journey and posting them on
the internet could face disciplinary action, London Underground has
warned.
Managers have warned that drivers found contravening safety regulations
while filming would be reprimanded.

The practice was uncovered by commuter Christof Delin, from Dollis Hill,
north-west London, who found the video clips on YouTube while surfing
the net.

Passenger watchdog groups have condemned the practice.

A search on the YouTube website found nearly 20 different clips showing
footage of train drivers taken from the driver's cab.

Poor behaviour

Some have been set to music while other clips date back to 2003.

"It's not the kind of behaviour we expect from drivers," said a London
Underground spokesman.

He added: "We don't think it poses a risk but we don't think they should
be doing it."

Regular Tube passenger Mr Christof said: "If I see a driver recording
when a train passes through I'm not going to go on that train."

"I'll wait for the next one because I feel the driver isn't focused and
not doing what he should be doing."

======

Sad, I've always enjoyed these clips.

Is it really that dangerous to film these journeys?