Old July 12th 07, 09:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Oh dear - commuter services out of Euston today, poor incident planning and the BTP

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:14:35 -0000,
wrote:

When you finally got going, which line did you use through Harrow?

The down fast. From where I was sitting I couldn't see anything
blocking the slows, though I couldn't see the DC lines at all as I was
on the wrong side of the train to do so. I can only assume that
evidence was moved to a suitable location on the station which
resulted in it remaining closed, or that evidence had been
"distributed", as it were, about the station a bit much for it to
reopen immediately.

I'm not sure what BTP's rationale was (assuming it really was them who
made the decision), but without more information it would be unfair to
be too critical - after all, we seldom do criticism of BTP on here, do
we?

I just opened it for discussion as it seemed to be a classic case of
preventing the platforms getting too full - only they *weren't* too
full, the concourse was! It was also relevant that the people sitting
on the train were quite happy there (and were kept up to date by
announcements which could be heard fairly well), and turfing everybody
off just resulted in each member of staff getting a gobful from
several of them.

Neil

--
Neil Williams