Old July 13th 07, 04:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default North London Line goes 4-car in early 2011

On Jul 12, 7:44 pm, asdf wrote:

I don't think the ATO thing is an issue - Victoria Line trains are
already capable of being driven manually,

I am aware of that.

and can be equipped with
tripcocks for when they need to travel over other lines (e.g. to reach
the works at Acton). Presumably they would just need to be equipped
with conventional power/brake handles,

Nonetheless, that is a lot of expensive work for 45 years old trains.

More so because the Bakerloo line also gets a signalling upgrade at
some stage (which again I think ties in with the service alteration)
and that means further conversion.

Cascading 1967 like this does not make sense.

--
Nick