Old July 13th 07, 08:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default North London Line goes 4-car in early 2011

On Jul 13, 5:34 am, D7666 wrote:
Nonetheless, that is a lot of expensive work for 45 years old trains.

AIUI several Victoria Line units have a 1972 stock cab on the inner
end, and several Bakerloo units are double ended, so quite a few extra
single-ended 1972 stock units can be created with nothing more than re-
marshalling (No idea about figures).

More so because the Bakerloo line also gets a signalling upgrade at
some stage (which again I think ties in with the service alteration)
and that means further conversion.

Not due to be completed until 2019, and if it's done like the Victoria
Line was they'll just have both systems running in parallel, requiring
no changes to the trains. I'm pretty sure the Watford extension is due
long before then.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/