Old July 13th 07, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default North London Line goes 4-car in early 2011

In message , asdf
writes

I don't think the ATO thing is an issue - Victoria Line trains are
already capable of being driven manually, and can be equipped with
tripcocks for when they need to travel over other lines (e.g. to reach
the works at Acton). Presumably they would just need to be equipped
with conventional power/brake handles, and have a trailer removed to
reduce them to 7 cars.

There were a number of units transferred to the Victoria a few years ago
(72 stock from the Northern?) which were only fitted with ATO in the
outer cabs. the inner cabs are not currently in normal use but are
considered quite suitable with minor mods for enhancing the Bakerloo
line.

I'm sure I've read this being the proposed way forward in Underground
News in the past year or so.