Old July 13th 07, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Proposed ticket office closures on the tube

On 13 Jul, 19:43, Cyril Sneer wrote:
Thats the info as I've seen it published. All I can see is that
closures will leave Oyster users (who do have problems from *time to
time*) with no direct port of call to resolve problems... and then
there's the people who DON'T have Oysters, who will be left to fend
for themselves. I'm not going to try and start a political debate
here, just providing information for you to do as you wish.

It's been mentioned before. When Theydon bois's only Oyster ticket
machine is broken (which frequently happens), you can allegedly top up
and pay at your destination.

The main beneift is, instead of a staffed ticket office window, you
have a guy or 3 sat in the ticket office reading the paper or talking.
They are helpful when you attract their attention, however they aren't
allowed to sell you a ticket (I don't think they even have a machine)