Old July 14th 07, 08:33 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley Chris  Tolley is offline

Default Oh dear - commuter services out of Euston today, poor incident planning and the BTP

Neil Williams wrote:

Maybe so. The fact that they normally do not do that on the
Silverlink operation (as its own little island at Euston) makes its
use in the evening peak far more civilised than the other operations
that do do it. I hope London Midland do not change this, and I wish
VT would join them and start advertising platforms as soon as the
train was ready[1] rather than uniformly a few minutes before.

[1] In my view "ready"="inbound passengers are off" for the Euston VT
operation.

Nah, you've got to give them time to do the outbound reservations thing
as well.

On my recent ride from Euston to Crewe, we were able to board 25 minutes
before departure, which was most civilised. I don't know how long the
train had been standing there, though.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p10589932.html
(08 269 at Stratford Depot, 11 Jul 1981)