Old July 14th 07, 09:22 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Oh dear - commuter services out of Euston today, poor incident planning and the BTP

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 18:14:47 GMT someone who may be "Ken Ward"
wrote this:-

I understand the reason for a complete closure of the station and the
lines through was "Body parts on the platform".

Which platform, there are 6 of them to choose from at Harrow.

I don't have that information but, I would presume all traffic was suspended
until evidence and the clean up were concluded.

Most stations with several platforms, including this one, have
buildings over part of the length of the platforms which will
restrict the spread and will also screen the clear up operation,
provided of course that the person was struck where the buildings
are. Thus it may be possible for trains to initially run through the
station on other lines and later on call at some of the platforms
when suitable arrangements have been made.

Whether this was possible or not we don't know. The fact that it was
not done is not conclusive proof that it was not possible.

It is not normally accepted that BTP, Undertakers or clean up staff are
expected to dodge moving trains in the course of their jobs or have
commuters walking amongst them.

Nobody has suggested this.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh