Old July 14th 07, 11:31 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Matthew P Jones Matthew P Jones is offline

Default Oh dear - commuter services out of Euston today, poor incident planning and the BTP

wrote on Fri, 13 Jul 2007 -

"Matthew P Jones" wrote

What you couldn't have known is whether there were full trains behind yours
booked fast to Euston, whose passengers would not have been pleased to have
to stop behind yours while it picked up at Watford, or trains close behind
yours booked to call at Watford which could equally well pick up passengers
off terminated trains.

Indeed, I don't, I do know a slow train passed us before we got into
Watford. We were not booked to stop at Watford, but we were lightly
loaded so one wonders if there was an option to use our train to clear
passengers from Watford. No matter, I still reckon the passengers at
Watford would have been annoyed as we slowed almost to a stop before
accelerating away.
--
Matthew P Jones
www.ThisIsAmersham.com www.amersham.org.uk www.metroland.org.uk