Old July 14th 07, 05:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael Hoffman Michael Hoffman is offline

Default Proposed ticket office closures on the tube

thoss wrote:
At 17:24:09 on Sat, 14 Jul 2007 Graham Harrison opined:-

"chunky munky" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 14, 1:23 pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
thoss wrote:

Also, the new H&C Wood Lane station is planned to open without a
ticket office.
Will it have passive provision for one?
No. Just Passenger Operated Machines and a Station Supervisors Office.

Does this mean that closure of the ticket office means the whole station is
unmanned? Reference to a supervisors office in Wood Lane suggests there
will still be people present on each station, simply that the ticket office
will be closed. If people are to be present are they able to provide help
with the ticket machines?

From my observations, ticket machines are never left unattended. When a
station is unmanned the gates are left open.

I know that at least some (all?) stations must be closed if there is not
a staff member present. There is no requirement that the ticket office
be open.
--
Michael Hoffman