Old July 14th 07, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default When do NR tickets include tube travel?

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...

However, as U pointed out (in a post which i have now deleted, which is
why i'm not replying to it), NR apparently allow tube transfers as part of
a route, with length zero, so the London box should have been ticked, and
even from Acton Main Line, you take the tube. I guess they just think of
all London Terminals as being one big station! I get the impression it
doesn't explicitly lay this out in the guide, though, which is
interesting. Or does the existence of the London routeing point imply it?

I don't think the NR fares manual supports your view about 'London
Terminals' being a hypothetical one big station, though, unless you are
actually crossing London. This is how it reads on page A4:

"Fares for travel to and from London Terminals are shown in
Section B and are valid at the following London Stations
subject to the route of the rail journey being undertaken, but
do NOT include travel between these stations on London
Underground, Docklands Light Railway or London Buses."

[no point copying the list of stations...]

That 3rd line 'subject to the route of the rail journey being undertaken'
seems a bit vague but must imply the routeing guide?

The current (May 07) NR London connections map has a couple of new notes on
fares within the travelcard areas, since the advent of zonal fares, I won't
repeat them, but they are a bit different to last years...

Paul