Old July 15th 07, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
asdf asdf is offline

Default When do NR tickets include tube travel?

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 15:31:23 +0100, Peter Masson wrote:

AIUI since London Zonal Fares came in we have to tear up the Routeing Guide
for journeys (perhaps excluding season tickets) for journeys between two
stations in Greater London (again, except perhaps where the route involves
going out of the London Travelcard zones.

I don't believe so. Tickets are still issued as point-to-point fares,
and there's nothing in the Conditions of Carriage to suggest that the
RG no longer applies. The zonal fares system just explains how tickets
are priced "behind the scenes", but doesn't place any zonal
restrictions on the route you may take.

OTOH, the system may change at some point so that fares within the
zones are issued as true zonal fares (such as "Origin to U2345").
If/when that happens, you would then be restricted to passing through
just the zones on the ticket.