Old July 16th 07, 09:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default Metronet gone bust!!!

On Jul 16, 9:26 am, chunky munky
wrote:
On Jul 16, 9:23 am, wrote:

If it goes bankrupt, what sort of price could it be picked up for, is
that price affordable by Transport for London, is TfL allowed to buy
it up?

This is going to hit FirstGBRailfreight quite bad.

I reckon they will just sell their PPP contracts onto another company
or even bought out by one of the more mighty members of the
consurtium, who will then follow the Tube Lines model. There is an
awful lot of money to be made by the Infracos in about 10 years.

If Metronet is bust then presumably the contract is void. Would LUL
then have the option of bringing the work in house? I'm not saying
this is necessarily a good thing, but wonder if there is anything in
the PPP rules to prevent Sir Kenneth doing this when a partner goes
bust.

Inevitably there will have to be a short term funding agreement
between LUL and the Metronet receiver to enable current works to
continue. And if they don't want key staff to leave LUL will have to
offer some guarantee of continuity.