Old July 16th 07, 09:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default North London Line goes 4-car in early 2011

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, Mr Thant wrote:

On Jul 13, 10:57 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Charles Ellson" wrote in message

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 23:31:08 -0700, MIG
wrote:

Just what I was thinking, but then I thought "Don't say anything ...
any plan to replace 313s and 508s must be encouraged".

Unfortunately, about the only thing that is more uncomfortable than a
313 on the DC line is a tube train.

Ever since I first heard this, I wondered if passengers really want, or
need, tube stock all the way out to Watford Junction, given the
competing County service for 'whole route' travel. What are the
possible TfL's drive for high frequency tube style services could get a
bit carried away?

Isn't the theory that these services will be for local travel around
Watford - people commuting in to Watford from the south etc? I've
certainly heard that idea in connection with the Croxley Link, so i assume
something similar applies here to some extent.

If not, i'd agree. Tube stock is not really suitable for this service.

TfL are pretty much obligated to provide a service to Watford anyway, so
I think the idea is that sending Bakerloo Line trains up is cheaper than
running a whole separate operation.

TfL are going to be running proper trains along the NLR as well, so no
whole separate operation is needed.

tom

--
The girlfriend of my friend is my enemy.