Old July 16th 07, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default North London Line goes 4-car in early 2011

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, D7666 wrote:

On Jul 13, 3:57 pm, Charles Ellson wrote:

Any time I have been down that way the non-rush hour loadings of the
tube trains on the DC line hardly seem to exceed about a dozen people

Really IMHO what needs to be done - nay should have been done under WCML
PUG - is abandon the DC out of Euston, convert it to AC and have a full
6 track railway between Euston and Watford.

To what end? It's 4-track north of Watford Junction, so having six tracks
between Euston and there doesn't increase the functional capacity of the
line. The only thing i can think of that you could use these new OHLE
tracks for would be a local service to WJ - and they're doing that pretty
well with DC electrification. Unless you're suggesting a rather more
frequent service to St Albans Abbey?

tom

--
The girlfriend of my friend is my enemy.