Old July 16th 07, 11:37 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mojo Mojo is offline

Default MAJOR Disruption at Slough on FGW

CJB wrote:
Most trains delayed by hours or cancelled to/from Paddington and
points west of Slough. FGW services in complete disarray. Been going
on on most of Sunday afternoon, evening. BUT few announcements at
intermediate stations, cancellations at short notice despite birng
planned many hours in advance, and NO buses subsituted round the
blockage. Typical reponse of a company that doesn't give a st*ff about
its long suffering paying pax. HEX and Connet apparently running to/
from LHR OK. CJB.

Tried to get on the 1607 to Patchway, but it was packed and couldn't get
on. Managed to get a table of 4 for my group of 4 in First Class on the
1627, which left at 1727. Train Manager announced it would be the 1727
to Weston-super-Mare, but was also the 1427 running 3 hours late!

First stop was Slough where some people got off. We were stood there for
about 20 mins, and were all told we could "stretch our legs." We pulled
to the next signal where a NR man was doing handsignals. We sat here for
over 5 mins whilst he and the driver exchanged a sheet of paper. Seems
like a lot of work they do here - what exactly is it for?

We then proceeded at about 15mph (so the TM said) to Twyford where we
stopped to allow people to alight. Train thinned out at Reading and
proceeded normally to Temple Meads where we arrived 2020. The bus to
Parkway wasn't for another half hour so they gave me a taxi voucher.

Got back to Parkway over 2 hours late, which, according to the FGW
Passenger Charter means I'm entitled to a 100% refund of my return
ticket. £169 coming my way!