Old July 16th 07, 03:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Oh dear - commuter services out of Euston today, poor incident planning and the BTP

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:17:21 +0100 someone who may be Sam Wilson
wrote this:-

I've been getting the distinct impression on recent VT trips that the
LCD displays are far too difficult for folk* to understand. There were
card reservations attached to the seats in addition to the electronic
stuff, and it's those I was talking about. If folk* can be educated as
to the use of those little displays, then I wholeheartedly concur.

The trouble is that they scroll and not very efficiently at that (the
messages seem to be fixed length so a short message leaves the display
blank for a significant period) and you have to stand and wait for the
message to come round before you can tell what it is.

Indeed.

The messages are also too long. Reducing the word count could avoid
the need for them to scroll at all in many cases. For example , "Not
reserved", would not need to scroll while, "This seat is not
reserved", does need to scroll.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh