Old July 16th 07, 05:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] j.p.harris@talk21.com is offline

Default MAJOR Disruption at Slough on FGW

On 16 Jul, 11:53, Steve wrote:
On 15 Jul, 23:56, Dave A wrote:

Mayhem at Reading with various London services standing in the
platforms, a queueing system in operation for Waterloo trains, but
little in the way of announcements other than a scrawled noticeboard
next to the (empty) information desk.

I tried to get on a Railair coach to Heathrow which was about to depart
but my ticket (London Terminals) was rejected ("we don't get any revenue
from that") so I went off and bought another ticket and then waited for
the next coach 30 mins later, boarded with about two other passengers,
and then trundled into London by Tube from Heathrow.

You might have done better to get a Basingstoke service and change
there for Waterloo - SWT are normally very good about accepting off-
route tickets in the event of disruption.

Steve Adams

It probably didn't help that Reading to Waterloo trains were diverted
via Weybridge on Sunday and according to the plan were only running
one an hour.

Whenever there is a problem between Reading and Paddington, passengers
are always funnelled to the line via Staines when often the routes via
Basingstoke and Guildford (even walking North Camp - Ash Vale)offer as
quick and generally more comfortable a journey into Waterloo.
Similarly it is all very well saying SWT will accept FGW tickets into
Waterloo - in most cases (not AP), that's no big gesture since they do
anyway.

FGW should do more (i.e. run extra/longer trains) to feed passengers
to Basingstoke or Guildford in the all too frequent case of disruption
just as they seem to expect SWT to increase their service via Staines
to Waterloo.

Jonathan