Old July 17th 07, 11:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David of Broadway David of Broadway is offline

Default Oyster readers on Heathrow Connect

James Farrar wrote:
There still aren't any.

I had an argument with a guard when he (pointlessly) wanted to see my
Oyster card...

Are you sure? Last year, somebody asked me to present my Oyster card on
Heathrow Connect between Ealing Broadway and Paddington. He touched it
to some sort of electronic device and was satisfied by what it informed him.

(That's quite unlike the woman on DLR, who was satisfied when I pulled
an Oyster wallet out of my pocket. For all she knew, I had stuffed it
with MetroCards.)
--
David of Broadway
New York, NY, USA