Old July 17th 07, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

Default Oyster readers on Heathrow Connect

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:57:14 +0100, James Farrar
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:15:22 -0400, David of Broadway
wrote:

James Farrar wrote:
There still aren't any.

I had an argument with a guard when he (pointlessly) wanted to see my
Oyster card...

Are you sure? Last year, somebody asked me to present my Oyster card on
Heathrow Connect between Ealing Broadway and Paddington. He touched it
to some sort of electronic device and was satisfied by what it informed
him.

Quite sure. I travel on HC fairly regularly, and the and-held readers
disappeared early this year, IIRC, and haven't been seen since.

Well, I travel on HC fairly regularly and was surprised by on-board staff
just last week with an oyster reader. I even commented to him, "Oh, you've
got Oyster readers now?". "Not really", he said, "Just borrowed this one!"
I must add, I've always found the HC staff very friendly.

--
Fig