Old July 18th 07, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stephen Farrow Stephen Farrow is offline

Default Rotherham Flood Appeal

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message , John Rowland
writes

Do floods have epicentres? I suppose the ones that come out of the
ground like fountains do.

"The epicenter or epicentre (ancient Greek: ??????????) is the point
on the
Earth's surface that is directly above the point where an earthquake or
other underground explosion originates. The epicenter is directly
above the
hypocenter, the actual location of the energy release inside the earth."

So even a flood from underground can't really have an epicentre.

And the fact that the little story that the OP posted gets wheeled out
for many events of this nature. I read a very, very similar version a
number of months ago when there was the earthquake in Kent (I think it
was) and I've certainly also read the same style message about some
extreme event in Essex. I'm sure there's a few here might be able to
put Kent and/or Essex perceived caricatures with the story told and see
where it first came from.

A few details are changed to suit the particular circumstances;
otherwise it's the same old stuff regurgitated.

And all it shows us is that the OP is witless, stupid, callous,
insensitive, and a snob. Not necessarily in that order.

--

Stephen

ANYA: We should drop a piano on her. Well, it always works for that
creepy cartoon rabbit when he's running from that nice man with the
speech impediment.
GILES: Yes, or perhaps we could paint a convincing tunnel on the side
of a mountain.