Old October 28th 03, 08:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Where have all the RMs gone?

On 28 Oct 2003 20:58:26 GMT, Peter Wright Overground wrote:

I'm not a frequent visitor to the metropolis, but the last RML I saw was
dirty, noisy, dented and tired.

Frankly, it was making London look untidy.

They're fun, but they're not comfortable inside (the only place I can
sit is at the front or on the side-facing seats unless I take up 2
seats), and standing is best not attempted unless under 5' 6" in
height.

From the passenger's point of view, I think a combination of large
single-deck buses, bendies and modern double-deckers is really better.
The only thing I'd add is 100% off-bus ticketing (already a reality in
Central London) and boarding by any door for ticket-holders with an
increased penalty fare (how about gbp60 with 50% discount for prompt
or on-the-spot payment - like a parking fine) and regular inspections
- on all buses, not just bendies.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.