Old July 22nd 07, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default HLOS - Thameslink rumours from Reuters

"D7666" wrote in message
oups.com...

As I understand it now the aim of TL3000 is still a much wider area,
but the there is a sort of ''step 1'' that involves 12car platforms
and trains at Blackfriars and Farringdon (and hence Moorgate closure)
and selected stations north thereof - but does not for the time being
involve links with the GN route or with further routes south of the
Thames towards the Sussex coast.

I have picked up a lot of vibes over the last week - or rather the
amplitude of the vibes have increased substantially - that FCC/TL are
to gain over the next 2-3 years *both* the existing SN 377/2 and SET
375/6 fleets (15+30=45 units) - with AC activated on the latter -
for this ''step 1''.

Several different cascade scenarios have been suggested, including how
the both those fleets are to be released, but I have no idea which one
might be right, so for now I will refrain from comment. These
scenarios do allow for covering the existing 377/2 duties - and
375/6s.

Surely the phase 1 requirement to 'join' some of the services so that the
Blackfriars and Farringdon alterations are done without any terminating
trains getting in the way, but surely joining existing routes, if done in a
balanced fashion, doesn't actually require a 'cascade' [1] because the
routes will only take the required number of units out of the Southern and
Southeastern fleets, ie it'll be more of a simple transfer?

[1] using cascade in the sense that the transfer of units will lead to new
replacements somewhere.

Paul