Old July 22nd 07, 11:27 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default HEX colour codes for LU lines

On 22 Jul, 09:41, "John Salmon" wrote:

Interesting - thanks. On Wednesday I gave 'silver' as the colour for
the Jubilee line and this was 'correct', although I see it's
officially 'light grey'.
We still won our match with the highest score of the night - see:http://mysite.orange.co.uk/retfordquiz/- Hide quoted text -

It's disappointing that it's officially recorded as light grey - given
that the line was named in honour of Her Majesty's Silver Jubilee,
it's fairly obvious what the intent was when choosing the colour. The
fact that it was arguably the best available colour for contrast with
all existing lines was serendipity.

OK, here's a question. If (and it's a big if) an additional line is
opened at some future point, what colour will provide maximum contrast
with all existing lines.

(Pratchett fans may NOT nominate octarine.)

Steve Adams