Old July 23rd 07, 09:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default A pipe (was: Worst shift)

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

In message , John Rowland
writes
Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

On the Picc., a pipe is about 40 mins and we do talk in pipes - sad
but true.

Could you give some examples? Might you say "When Only Fools And Horses
started, the episodes were only three quarters of a pipe long"?

I have been known to comment about only having to do half a pipe after a
Down Street or Kings Cross reverse

Half-pipes, eh? You should get on to the skateboarding crowd, might entice
some new recruits!

As we had a number of signal failures after the weekend's enforced
drought reduction scheme,

Wassat?

tom

--
Only the bagel has the correct aspect ratio.