Old July 23rd 07, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default A pipe (was: Worst shift)

In message , asdf
writes

As we had a number of signal failures after the weekend's enforced
drought reduction scheme, I finally ended up 30 mins late at Arnos Grove
- having now driven constantly for 4 hours 45 mins without a break.

Is there a certain time limit after which you *have* to stop driving
(even if it means disruption)?

After 4 hours 15 mins driving you have to take the train to the nearest
sidings or depot. It can't be just left on the main line. As it
happened, I only realised as I was leaving Wood Green, so the nearest
sidings or depot would have been Arnos Grove; and I was due to get off
there anyway.