Old July 24th 07, 12:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MaxB MaxB is offline

Default St Pancras International

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
Reminder - bookings for Eurostar from St Pancras are now available via
their website

www.eurostar.com

Paul

Quite by chance (as the sun was out) I ventured in darkest Kent today to
take some pictures at the junction between new and old Eurostar routes.
After a bit of a struggle to get there because my sat-nav didn't know a road
had been blocked off, I arrived at the very convenient bridge visible on the
map, only to find it gated and barb-wired!
30 years ago I might have struggled over but I decided to find an
alternative but far less satisfactory position on an adjacent bridle path.

Having only a guestimate for train times, I managed repeatedly to have
wandered away from the "best" vantage point every time a train passed with
the results you will see (the flowers are nice though).

I was also caught out by 2 services on the "new" line, following scheduled
trains up and down. I have marked them as to and
from St. Pancras but in truth I don't know where they were going. Does
anyone have a schedule? Picture links below - the 2 non-eurostar pics helped
me fill in the time! Rather them than me.

www.thebattens.me.uk/euro1(1010exwat).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/euro2(tostp).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/euro3(tostprear).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/euro4(0959exbru).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/euro5(1040exwat).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/euro6(1040exwatrear).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/euro7(1043exwat).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/euro8(1043exwatrear).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/noteuro1.jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/noteuro2.jpg

Anyway, between 1030 and 1130 this site is quite busy if anyone who has no
fear of ripped trousers (or worse) wants to have a go!

MaxB