Old July 26th 07, 03:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Lüko Willms Lüko Willms is offline

Default St Pancras International

Am Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:35:28 UTC, schrieb "R.C. Payne"
auf uk.railway :

As Nick D7666 wrote in his reply, most current high-speed trainsets
circulating on European continent would meet the safety requirements
of Eurotunnel in regard to be fireproof, power requirements etc.

I haven't the time to trawl the documents myself, but do they permit the
use of a high voltage bus through the train in the tunnel? Both the
conventional TGV and ICE3 designs (AIUI) employ a high voltage bus along
much of the train length.

Yeah, I think you are right -- the ICE-3 do not have the high
voltage line along the whole train, but from car to car, from one
isolator to another. So that may be another issue.

Cheers,
L.W.