Old July 27th 07, 12:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default 5million people to be banned from Picadilly Line

On 27 Jul, 12:21, "
wrote:
If BAA has their way, that is.

No, really. You couldn't make it up. Check outwww.tubenightmare.com
or the front page of today's Independent for more.

What kind of society are we sleepwalking into, that they even think
its acceptable to try this on?

And more prosaicly, how the heck would i be supposed to get to
Finsbury Park lawfully (!) to even get on the blooming Victoria Line
rail replacement bus, then?

(Don't mention the overland line to Walthamstow/Chingford from
Liverpool St - that is also currently undergoing engineering works
Monday to Thursday, as I discovered last night).

RSPB sounds the nicest one, I'll have to join for the day out of
principle. It'll be unenforcable of course, however it means they can
move "troublemakers" on without appearing to make protesting illegal.
It's the usual stance of an oppresive government -- make life illegal,
then cherry pick who you don't like, and the rest will be too scared
to compain as they are breaking the law anyway.